Work from home - Faculty of Science
See also the working from home page provided by the central it service centre.
See: How to get access to the University Library (when you are off campus).
Files on network discs
There are two ways to access your network files:
- Establish a VPN connection and access network shares like you would normally do
- Use an SCP (Secure Copy) client to connect to an SSH login server.
Linux Login Server / Cluster
- Conference calls: https://conferencecall.nl
- Video conferencing: https://videobelpilot.surf.nl/ (Log in via surfconext when starting a channel, invited users don't need any login, a password is optional)
C+CZ helpdesk and postmaster
You can ask for help in the usual way and more:
- e-mail for questions about desktops, account problems, working from home
- e-mail for questions about linux systems, cluster, and more
- by phone (we will try to be reachable) on the usual numbers +31 24 3620000 (helpdesk) +31 24 3653535 (postmaster)
- via discord cncz-discord
Remote Desktop on your own PC (last resort!)
In some cases, there is no alternative to working on your work PC. However this should be a last resort and not to be used all the time. It puts the most strain on the VPN service and it requires the PC to have a permanent IP address, which is not the common situation.
If you really need this, please send e-mail to with the following information:
- hostname or ip address of your PC
- the username you use to login to the PC
- reason why you need it (we may have alternatives you haven't thought of)
In order to use Remote desktop you need to: