System Administration and Development
System administration and development is located in the centre of room HG03.055.
Who are they?
What do they do?
System Administration takes care of
- Management of the servers of the faculty and of various departments.
- Back-up and restore of the data on the servers.
- Management of work places in the departments and in the PC-rooms and publicly available working places:
- Managed PC's with MS-Windows and/or Ubuntu Linux.
For all other working places (hundreds of MS-Windows PCs and tenths of Linux PCs and MACs, which are not managed by C&CZ) it is understood that the owner (department) takes care of the management. For these systems, C&CZ System administration gives support and advice.
- Support for education renewal and digital provision of information.
- Internet-number administration (nameserver) for the Faculty of Science.