System administration is located in the centre of room HG03.055.
Who are they?
What do they do?
System Administration takes care of
- Management of the servers of the faculty and of various departments.
- Management of work places in the departments and in the PC-rooms and publicly available working places:
- Managed work place PC's with Windows-XP.
- Unix-workstations with Linux or Solaris.
For all other working places (hundreds of MS-Windows PCs and tenths of Linux PCs and MACs, which do not boot from the network) it is understood that the owner (department) takes care of the management. For these systems, C&CZ System administration gives support and advice.
- Support for education renewal and digital provision of information.
- Management of the routers, whch divide the ethernet in smaller segments.
- Internet-number administration (nameserver) for the Faculty of Science.