Difference between revisions of "Reparaties"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:42, 15 January 2009
The repair procedure depends on the firm that sold the machine. Whether the repair is free of charge or not, depends on the precise terms of warranty (and whether the repair is within the period of warranty or not).
- You are requested to order repairs through C&CZ: within as well as outside of the period of warranty. C&CZ has agreements with the purchasing department and with the dealers.
- Normally, PC's sold by standard PC supplier Scholten Awater & Partners have a period of warranty of 3 years. But: be aware that this does not hold for all machines. Watch the website of Scholten Awater carefully when ordering.
- Also PC's sold by the former PC supplier Switch have a warranty period of 3 years. The OLD terms of warranty of Switch are available online.
- For other suppliers and products, a different warranty period may be applicable.
- You are requested to order repairs through C&CZ: within as well as outside of the period of warranty. C&CZ has agreements with the purchasing department and with the suppliers. The supplier or C&CZ will inform you about the day of repair. You have to make sure that the technician of the supplier has access to the apparatus on that day.
- Ordering a repair can be done through the C&CZ helpdesk website, one has to login with the Science loginname. If the machine is known in the systen, like with a Managed Workplace PC, one only needs to fill in the name of the machine. Other necessary info, like the serial number, is already known then.
N.B.1 The user accepts possible costs which result from this order. An estimate of € 0 does not imply automatically that there will be no costs. This also holds also for repairs within the warranty period.
N.B.2 In case the costs for repair exceed € 125,- an e-mail with a specified report and the repair number will be sent to the owner. The owner must, subsequently, inform the company whether the repair has to be carried out or not.
Complaint/Description of repair: