On the Peage website you can see which printers can be used. In the Huygens building you can use:
|Info||Building||Location||Exact printer name to be used||Special||Help|
|watt (Ricoh Aficio MP 5000 PS)||Huygens building, Heyendaalseweg 135||HG00.038 (ground floor next to restaurant)||RicohMP5000||Duplex, A3, scanning and copying possible||53535 / 56666 (C&CZ)|
Adding the printer on a Windows PC
To be able to use a printer from the Peage test environment, this printer has to be added to the list of printers. This can be done as follows:
Click Start -> Settings -> Printers and Faxes or, depending on de Windows version, Start -> Printers and Faxes. A new window Printers and Faxes will open with a list of available printers.
In the upper left corner of this window is a section with the title Printer Tasks. Click within this section Add a printer.
Click Next in the window Add Printer Wizard. Select the option A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer and click Next.
Select the option Connect to this printer (...) and enter at Name the exact name of the printer as specified in the table above. For the Ricoh printer at the Faculty of Science this is: \\payprint01.ru.nl\RicohMP5000 and click Next.
In many cases, a window Connect to payprint01.ru.nl will appear now. This window will not appear when one has already been authenticated against the RU Active Directory, such as when one has logged in with S-number in the Study landscape, Science Library or the Info PC's.
In the window Connect to payprint01.ru.nl enter at the field User name your student number, preceded by ru\, for example ru\s123456.
In the field Password the corresponding password should be entered. For an S-number, this is the password for the RU-account (formerly called KISS-password). Finally click OK to continue.
After that, you'll get a window asking whether you trust the 'printer driver' that you will be installing.
After a few seconds you will get a question whether you want to use this printer as your default printer.
Answer the question and click Next.
If the newly added printer is a real printer, it should now be present in the list of available printers with status "Ready". The virtual printer uni_ps will show "Access denied, unable to connect" even when there is no problem.
Adding the printer on a Macintosh
Peage does not support the native printing method for Macintoshes (Cups or IPP printing). There is a 'Workaround' that uses 'Windows Printing'. The procedure does not allow for errors, when making an error you will have to delete the printer and start all over again, which is not very user friendly.
- Open “System Preferences”, select “Print & Fax”
- Press the ”+” button, it will open the “Printer Browser”
- Click in the Toolbar on "Advanced" (if unavailable: right click on the menu en choose "Customize Toolbar... ", drag the "Advanced" icon into the Toolbar)
- Enter requested data:
- Type: Windows
- URL: smb://payprint01.ru.nl/RicohMP5000
- Device: Another Device
- Name: RicohMP5000
- Location: HG00.038
- Print Using: Ricoh MP 5000 PS or, in case the driver can not be found, Generic postscript Printer.
- Click “Add”.
Whenever trying to use this printer the message 'On Hold (Authentication required)' is reported in 'RicohMP5000' printer job list.
Click on 'Resume'. A dialog requesting your credential will pop up.
Provide your U/S/E number, preceded by your domain, e.g. 'ru\u123456' or 'b-fac\science-account' and supply the corresponding password.
Adding the printer on a Linux PC
Peage does not support the native printing method for Linux (Cups or IPP printing). There is a 'Workaround' that uses 'Windows Printing'. Below a short decription how to install the printer on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx). This procedure might work for other recent Linux systems using the Gnome Desktop.
- In the top menu go via "System" to "Administration" and click on "Printing“
- Click above the field with printers on the "Add" button
- A window "New Printer" emerges, select "Network Printer" and then "Windows Printer via SAMBA"
- On the right side you can provide required data
- SMB Printer: smb://payprint01.ru.nl/RicohMP5000
- Authentication: Prompt user if authentication is required
- Klik op "Forward"
- A search for drivers is performed. In the next window you have to choose the printer brand: Ricoh
- Click on "Forward". Now choose the printer type: on the left side Aficio MP 5000 and on the right side the apropriate driver
- Click op "Forward". Provide the extra data:
- Printer Name: RicohMP5000
- Description: Ricoh Aficio MP 5000
- Location: HG00.038
- Click on "Apply" en select "No" on the question "Would you like to print a test page?"
As soon as you use the printer, a window will pop up showing the message 'Authentication is required to print ...' and also asking for your credentials.
At "Username" type your U/S/E number, preceded by your domain, eg 'ru\u123456' or 'b-fac\science-account' and at "Password" your password,
Budget status and history
By logging in at the accounting server website with the user credentials as above, one can view the current balance of the budget. The budget history can be seen after clicking on 'Statement', one then gets something like this:
7-10-2010 User account statement Reporting period 8-9-2010 to 7-10-2010 s0123456 Test Student Opening Balance: 0,00 Color quota unlimited Date Type User ID Description Pages Credit Debit --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 24-9-2010 11:13 adj test account 10,00 0,00 6-10-2010 17:47 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Document1 3 0,00 0,10 6-10-2010 17:48 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Verslag 10 0,00 0,40 7-10-2010 10:14 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Opgave2 3 0,00 0,10 7-10-2010 15:18 copy s0123456 Copying 1 0,00 0,04 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17 10,00 0,64 Closing Balance: 9,36