Peage is the new uniform printing and copying system of the Radboud University.
CnCZ gebruikers handleiding - eerste aanzet
Printing with Péage on a Windows 7/8/8.1/10 machine (either self or CnCZ maintained)
You need your RU-account (u/f/e/s-number and RU-password) to send print jobs to the printer.
- Step 1
- Select Start, in the Help / Search area enter Credential Manager and launch the retrieved application.
- Step 2
- The Windows Vault appears. Click on Add a Windows credential next to the header Windows Credentials.
- Enter credential data:
- Internet or network address: payprint03.ru.nl
- User name: your RU-account, preceded by ru\, eg. ru\u123456.
- Password: your matching RU-password
- Finally click OK and close the Credential Manager.
- Step 3
- Select Start, in the Help / Search area enter Devices and Printers and launch the Control menu item.
- Step 4
- In the Menu bar click on Add a Printer, select Add a network, wireless or Bluethooth printer.
- If the printer is listed in the Select a printer list, double click on the printer. The printer will automatically be installed and added to your printers.
- Otherwise, click on The printer that i want isn't listed and select Select a shared printer by name, next enter \\payprint03.ru.nl\RU-Print03.
- The printer will now be automatically installed and added to your printers.
- Click Next and finally Finish.
Printing with Péage on a Mac OS X machine
You need your RU-account (u/f/e/s-number and RU-password) to send a print job to the printer.
- Step 1
- Select System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners
- Step 2
- Click on the + (plus) sign below the list of printers.
- See if you have an item Advanced in the menu bar.
- Whenever this item is not present: Right click in this menu bar and choose Customize Toolbar....
- Drag the item Advanced into the menu bar.
- Click on Done and, again, click on the item Advanced in the menu bar.
- Step 3
- Enter printer data:
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- Device: Another Device
- URL: smb://payprint03.ru.nl/RU-print03
- Name: Free to type text field, eg. payprint03.ru.nl (this will become the name of the printer in the printer list)
- Location: Free to type text field, eg. Péage Konica Minolta printers
- Use: Change Choose a Driver... to the printer driver, eg. Generic Postscript Printer
- Finally click Add.
- A new window will appear with an option Duplex Printing Unit. Mark the check box as active and click OK.
- Step 4
- Now is the time to setup your printing preferences. Click Options & Supplies... and next Options.
- Our advise: select black-and-white printing and Duplex Printing Unit as your printing defaults.
- Step 5
- The setup to use your RU-account and RU-password is explained next.
- Find some document you wish to print and send your first print job to this new Péage printer.
- If your printer is shown in the Dock you will notice a 1 on top of the printer icon.
- Click on the printer icon to view the print queue.
- You could also click on the printer in Printers & Scanners in System Preferences.
- The status will be that the print job has been send, but after a while the status will change to Hold for Authentication.
- Select the print job in the print queue and click on the button Resume.
- A dialog window appears requesting your Name and Password.
- Enter your RU-account, preceded by ru.nl\, eg. ru.nl\s1234567, and the matching RU-password.
- If the printer icon is missing from the Dock, the dialog window requesting <stron>Name and Password will popup.
- Login with your RU-account (ru.nl\u1234567) and RU-password.
- Select if desired Remember this password in my keychain, so your RU-account and RU-password will be remembered, authentication for print jobs is no more needed.
- Clicking OK will, after a second (depending on the size of your print job), remove the print job from the queue. The job is then received by the print server and remains
- in its print queue for final printing.
- Log in with your RU-account and Péage PIN or RU-password on one of the Konica Minolta printers, choose Print, select the print job.
- Pressing Details next to the print job will show you the costs of this print job.
- Press the blue button to print your document.
On the Peage website you can see which printers can be used. In the Huygens building you can use:
|Info||Building||Location||Exact printer name to be used||Special||Help|
|Konica Minolta Bizhub C554||Huygens building, Heyendaalseweg 135||HG00.038 (ground floor next to restaurant)||Duplex, A3, scanning and copying possible|
Adding the printer on a Windows 7 PC
This guide explains how to print through Peage using Windows 7. Please note that Peage uses a separate payment system from the FNWI one, which requires you to put money onto your Peage account, which is linked to your student card. Also note that, at the moment, there is only one Peage printer and it can only print black and white pages.
To use Peage, follow these steps: Click: Start -> Devices and printers -> add a printer (at the top) Click ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’ as below:
Click ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ as below:
As below, and click ‘next’:
You may or may not be asked for credentials. If you are, use your Radboud login details with ru\ prefixed to your s-number, e.g.:
ru\s1234567 *********** (your password for Osiris, Blackboard etc)
As below, and click ‘OK’:
Click ‘next’ and then ‘finish’ in the following windows. The Peage printer should now be available to you, for example as ‘RU Print on payprint01.ru.nl’ in Word, illustrated below.
The printer can be found on the left of the entrance hall (ground floor):
(be sure not to forget your student card)
At the printer, a page asking for credentials will be shown. Don't enter anything, but scan your student card. The password field will now be highlighted. Enter the PIN you set for your Peage account and confirm.
A list of your jobs will be shown. Select the job you wish to print and click print on the left. Do not forget to logout when you are done.
Adding the printer on a Macintosh
Peage does not support the native printing method for Macintoshes (Cups or IPP printing). There is a 'Workaround' that uses 'Windows Printing'. The procedure does not allow for errors, when making an error you will have to delete the printer and start all over again, which is not very user friendly.
- Open “System Preferences”, select “Print & Fax”
- Press the ”+” button, it will open the “Printer Browser”
- Click in the Toolbar on "Advanced" (if unavailable: right click on the menu en choose "Customize Toolbar... ", drag the "Advanced" icon into the Toolbar)
- Enter requested data:
- Type: Windows
- URL: smb://payprint01.ru.nl/RicohMP5000
- Device: Another Device
- Name: RicohMP5000
- Location: HG00.038
- Print Using: Ricoh MP 5000 PS or, in case the driver can not be found, Generic postscript Printer.
- Click “Add”.
Whenever trying to use this printer the message 'On Hold (Authentication required)' is reported in 'RicohMP5000' printer job list.
Click on 'Resume'. A dialog requesting your credential will pop up.
Provide your U/S/E number, preceded by your domain, e.g. 'ru\u123456' or 'b-fac\science-account' and supply the corresponding password.
Adding the printer on a Linux PC
Peage does not support the native printing method for Linux (Cups or IPP printing). There is a 'Workaround' that uses 'Windows Printing'. Below a short decription how to install the printer on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx). This procedure might work for other recent Linux systems using the Gnome Desktop.
- In the top menu go via "System" to "Administration" and click on "Printing“
- Click above the field with printers on the "Add" button
- A window "New Printer" emerges, select "Network Printer" and then "Windows Printer via SAMBA"
- On the right side you can provide required data
- SMB Printer: smb://payprint01.ru.nl/RicohMP5000
- Authentication: Prompt user if authentication is required
- Klik op "Forward"
- A search for drivers is performed. In the next window you have to choose the printer brand: Ricoh
- Click on "Forward". Now choose the printer type: on the left side Aficio MP 5000 and on the right side the apropriate driver
- Click op "Forward". Provide the extra data:
- Printer Name: RicohMP5000
- Description: Ricoh Aficio MP 5000
- Location: HG00.038
- Click on "Apply" en select "No" on the question "Would you like to print a test page?"
As soon as you use the printer, a window will pop up showing the message 'Authentication is required to print ...' and also asking for your credentials.
At "Username" type your U/S/E number, preceded by your domain, eg 'ru\u123456' or 'b-fac\science-account' and at "Password" your password,
Budget status and history
By logging in at the accounting server website with the user credentials as above, one can view the current balance of the budget. The budget history can be seen after clicking on 'Statement', one then gets something like this:
7-10-2010 User account statement Reporting period 8-9-2010 to 7-10-2010 s0123456 Test Student Opening Balance: 0,00 Color quota unlimited Date Type User ID Description Pages Credit Debit --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 24-9-2010 11:13 adj test account 10,00 0,00 6-10-2010 17:47 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Document1 3 0,00 0,10 6-10-2010 17:48 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Verslag 10 0,00 0,40 7-10-2010 10:14 print s0123456 Microsoft Word - Opgave2 3 0,00 0,10 7-10-2010 15:18 copy s0123456 Copying 1 0,00 0,04 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17 10,00 0,64 Closing Balance: 9,36