For recent news items see News
- 1 Software update: Maple 12
- 2 New version of the Windows Managed PC
- 3 Software update: TeXlive 2007
- 4 Matlab: TIMEOUTALL introduced, installation procedure changed
- 5 Adobe: employee home-use site-license software available on surfspot.nl
- 6 Adobe Flash Player Security Vulnerability
- 7 Adobe software will become site-license after all!
- 8 New version of Mathematica (22.214.171.124)
- 9 MS Office for Mac 2008 NL/UK *campus* can be borrowed
- 10 Removing old mail addresses helps prevent spam
- 11 Standard RU-laptop chosen
- 12 New multi-functional Ricoh copiers
- 13 Windows wi-fi exploit (Intel Centrino)
- 14 New storage possibility for passing on large files
- 15 Temporary compute server will be shut down Monday April 28
- 16 Network upgrade successful
- 17 Printbudget command for Unix
- 18 Power problem April 10/11
- 19 Disk quota for students enlarged
- 20 New disk server with 90 GB partitions
- 21 RU now victim of phishing scam too (mail asking for password)
- 22 SURFnet/Internet connection down Monday April 7 18:00-22:00 hours
- 23 MS Office 2007 Multi-Language Pack available
- 24 Windows Vista 64-bit DVD available
- 25 Matlab new version (R2008a)
- 26 Temporary compute server can be tested a few weeks
- 27 SURFnet stops Usenet News service?
- 28 SURFnet/Internet connection down Monday March 10 18:00-22:00 hours
- 29 Acrobat Reader 8 problem update
- 30 Samba update with problems?
- 31 PC's in computerlabs show lock times
- 32 Oce copiers replaced by Ricoh copiers/printers/scanners
- 33 Print budgets can be viewed/maintained through DIY
- 34 EuroGlot Professional 6.0 Native
- 35 New license period for Mathematica coming up
- 36 McAfee software update
- 37 Mediawiki upgrade to version 1.11 completed
- 38 BASS-Finlog access for Linux/Unix/Mac users
- 39 TU Delft victim of phishing scam
- 40 Surfgroepen to cooperate with others
- 41 Adobe software will not become campus license!
- 42 McAfee software update
- 43 New Maple license file, valid until January 2009
- 44 Wireless network settings for mobile devices
- 45 X-Win32 9.0 installed on managed Windows computers
- 46 OpenOffice 2.3.1 for Solaris installed
- 47 Notepad++ installed on all managed Windows computers
- 48 Wireless network Huygens building full coverage
- 49 PhpMyadmin, new version because of security fixes
- 50 Acrobat Reader, new version with problems
- 51 First student and employee edit C&CZ wiki!
- 52 StarOffice 8 for Solaris installed
- 53 Sun Studio 12 compilers for Linux/Solaris
- 54 SGE Clustersoftware installed on the cnXX-cluster
- 55 Matlab nieuwe versie (R2007a)
- 56 Nieuwe disk-server plus.science.ru.nl met 90GB partities
- 57 Nieuwe versie Matlab (R2006b)
- 58 Eclipse beschikbaar op beheerde XP werkplekken
- 59 EndNote 10 beschikbaar
Software update: Maple 12
A new version (12) of Maple has been installed on Linux/Solaris. Early next week it will also be available on the Windows-XP Managed PCs. It can be installed on Windows from the install network disk, but the CDs can also be borrowed by employees and students, for home use too.
Peter van Campen 19 jun 2008 16:24 (CEST)
New version of the Windows Managed PC
There is a new installation method for the Windows-XP Managed PCs, that has been developed and is being maintained by several IT-support groups in the RU tohether, in the SITO (Samenwerkende IT-Ondersteuning) project. The main difference is that more software is installed, and that it is less dependent on network drives. Many PCs in the Study Landscape and several departmental PCs have been installed with the new method.
Wim Janssen 19 jun 2008 16:10 (CEST)
Software update: TeXlive 2007
Today TeXlive 2007 replaced TeXlive 2005 as the standard version of (La)TeX on Windows and Unix computers managed by C&CZ. If no problems are reported, the old version will be removed in a few months.
Peter van Campen 16 jun 2008 18:06 (CEST)
Matlab: TIMEOUTALL introduced, installation procedure changed
After an idea from FC Donders, C&CZ changed the options for the Matlab license server to include a 'TIMEOUTALL 3600'. This has the advantage that an inactive user can hold a license for Matlab or a toolbox for 1 hour at maximum, but could cause problems sometimes for the many tens of users within Radboud Unicversity and Hospital, because it can happen that a long-running Matlab job stops because there is currently no license available.
With Matlab version R2008a the Matlab installation procedure has been changed.
Peter van Campen 16 jun 2008 16:59 (CEST)
Adobe: employee home-use site-license software available on surfspot.nl
On Surfspot the site-license products of Adobe for home-use by employees are available for 35 euro per bundle. One can choose between the English or Dutch version of the 'web' or 'design' bundle. Both bundles contain a.o. Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, Dreamweaver. Only the 'design' bundle contains InDesign. The site license products for installation on campus have been urgently ordered.
Peter van Campen 13 jun 2008 15:39 (CEST)
Adobe Flash Player Security Vulnerability
Last week word was spread about abuse by installing keyloggers through a security vulnerability in the Adobe Flash plugin of browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox. C&CZ managed computers have been updated to the latest version. C&CZ advises everybody to upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 if not already done. Testing can be done through the Adobe testpage and holding the mouse above "About". For even more browser security one can quite easily install the Firefox extension NoScript.
Peter van Campen 11 jun 2008 11:46 (CEST)
Adobe software will become site-license after all!
Today SURFdiensten reported that the site license agreement between SURFdiensten and Adobe for Dutch schools and universities reached a final status. The products and codes for the licensed products are expected to become available next week.
Peter van Campen 6 jun 2008 15:32 (CEST)
New version of Mathematica (188.8.131.52)
A new version of Mathematica has been installed. The CDs can be borrowed by departments that take part in the license.
Ben Polman 3 jun 2008 13:34 (CEST)
MS Office for Mac 2008 NL/UK *campus* can be borrowed
A CD of MS Office 2008 for Macintosh can be borrowed for campus use and on Macs owned by departments, the NL- as well as the UK-version. For home use one can buy it relatively cheap at Surfspot, althoug it is always more expensive than the free OpenOffice.
Wim Janssen 20 mei 2008 17:02 (CEST)
Removing old mail addresses helps prevent spam
At this time (May 2008) we often see that suddenly a lot of spam is sent from different places on the Internet, with a (fake) sender address of the old "@sci.kun.nl" form. For the owner of such an address this gives some trouble, since the spam that cannot be delivered wiil come "back" to the sender address that was used. To help prevent this, it is a good idea to look in the DIY website which old "kun.nl" addresses can be removed and mail that to postmaster.
Jos Alsters 10 apr 2008 12:48 (CEST)
Standard RU-laptop chosen
Recently the RU hardware specification team has added to the standard PC from the "core hardware" from the default supplier also a standard RU-laptop: the HP6710b. There are 2 versions, the more expensive one has at least a faster processor, a bigger hard disk a screen with higher resolution and standard more memory. C&CZ currently works on making it possible to use these laptops as "Windows managed laptop", comparable to the [[Windows_beheerde_werkplek|Windows managed PC].
Ben Polman 7 mei 2008 17:24 (CEST)
New multi-functional Ricoh copiers
All Oce copiers have been replaced by Ricoh machines that can print and scan too. The old printers dali and oersted have been shut down and the printer chagall has been moved from HG00.089 to HG00.201 (Study landscape). Shortly the printer picasso will also be shut down.
Ron Sommeling 6 mei 2008 10:50 (CEST)
Windows wi-fi exploit (Intel Centrino)
Several sites (SANS, stateofsecurity.com) mention a new exploit for Intel Centrino wireless network cards, commonly used in laptop computers. Driver updates from Intel have been available since January, 2007.
Peter van Campen 25 apr 2008 13:48 (CEST)
New storage possibility for passing on large files
To facilitate the local copying of large files (for which mail is not suitable) a new network share is available, see TempDisk.
Ben Polman 25 apr 2008 12:56 (CEST)
Temporary compute server will be shut down Monday April 28
The "t4150" test-machine with 4-core Intel processors (Sun Fire X4150, E5345 CPU's) will be shut down on Monday April 28. We'll conduct a hardware RAID-test and re-installation of the OS. After that, the machine will be shipped back to Sun.
Peter van Campen 25 apr 2008 12:23 (CEST)
Network upgrade successful
Sunday morning April 20 between 09:30 and 11:30 hours the router/switch that couples the networks on the Toernooiveld with each other and with the rest of the RU campus network (and by that with Surfnet/Internet), was replaced by a new, more powerful machine. The work was planned by C&CZ en UCI to cause minimal trouble for employees and students.
The next few weeks other changes to the network will be made, but the trouble this will cause will be much less.
Some aspects of this upgrade: 1 router/switch that is spread over 2 locations, with 10Gb uplinks to the UCI. The router/switch can provide better protection since it has more room for "access control lists"and by using "reverse path forwarding". By using FlexLinks desktop switches can easily be connected redundantly. Cascades of desktop switches can be split, since more interfaces are available. Also antique connections to remote locations can be upgraded.
About the new network (NiNe) the UCI reported in the Enter magazine
Peter van Campen 23 apr 2008 18:16 (CEST)
Printbudget command for Unix
On Linux/Solaris workstations and login servers one can use the command printbudget to get an overview of the budget groups and the money on it. One can also change the default budgetgroup and get an overview of the last print jobs, like it is on the Do-It-Yourself website.
sommel 14 apr 2008 14:32 (CEST)
Power problem April 10/11
Thursday evening April 10 at 21:30 a power glitch for wings 1 and 2 of the Huygens building caused power switches to triple. Thanks to a UPS in wing 1 the router and network switches kept on running until 22:30. The UVB fixed the power to the router and swityches in wing 1. Power to the switches in wing 2 was not fixes until 10:00, which made the problem last the longest in wing 2 and the eastside of the central street between wings 2 and 4 (no network). C&CZ will contact the UVB to try to give more priority to restoring power for network equipment.
Peter van Campen 14 apr 2008 12:43 (CEST)
Disk quota for students enlarged
The standard disk quota for students have been enlarged to 400 MB. Students can thus save more files on their homedirectory (H: disk) which, hopefully, lets them store less files on their Desktop (or anywhere else in their profile). A large profile makes log-in and -out slow.
Peter van Campen 10 apr 2008 11:31 (CEST)
New disk server with 90 GB partitions
New disk-servers are available with partitions of 90 GB that can be rented by departments of the Faculty of Science. The older RAID-arrays were sold out, one of them had run out of maintenance. The new servers have internal disks and controller. The partitions of the out-of-maintenance RAID-array will be moved to a new server.
Peter van Campen 4 apr 2008 15:42 (CEST)
RU now victim of phishing scam too (mail asking for password)
Now also a lot of RU employees received emails, that at first sight looked as if they were sent by a RU Helpdesk, in which was asked for a reply with loginname and password. The reply of a naive user again went to a "@hotmail.co.uk" mail-address. C&CZ likes to stress again that *no official institution* will ever ask you for your password, just like a bank never will ask you for your pincode for your bank account. This is almost an exact copy of the incident with TU Delft that C&CZ reported on January 29. If someone was unwise enough to reply with username and password, then it is wise to change the password immediately. C&CZ will contact users that sent replies through a C&CZ mailserver and has blocked mail to the "@hotmail.co.uk" mail-adres in question on their smtp-servers.
Peter van Campen 4 apr 2008 13:08 (CEST)
SURFnet/Internet connection down Monday April 7 18:00-22:00 hours
The UCI will again try to upgrade the connection between the RU and SURFnet next Monday evening from 1 Gb/s to 10 Gb/s. The connection between RU and SURFnet will be interrupted during the maintenance. C&CZ will plan the upgrade of the FNWI router to 10 Gb/s afterwards.
Peter van Campen 3 apr 2008 19:00 (CEST)
MS Office 2007 Multi-Language Pack available
The CD and 2 dual-layer DVDs (13 GB in total) of the MS Office 2007 Multi-Language Pack can be borrowed for campus use.
Peter van Campen 3 apr 2008 18:57 (CEST)
Windows Vista 64-bit DVD available
The 64-bit version of MS Vista Enterprise upgrade can be borrowed for campus use, although C&CZ advises not to use this version due to possible problems with drivers, network printers etc.
Peter van Campen 3 apr 2008 18:54 (CEST)
Matlab new version (R2008a)
Starting March 2008 a new version of Matlab is available on all C&CZ managed PCs with Linux or Windows. For the Solaris9 Suns R2007a is the last version. For more information about this release, see the Mathworks website
Peter van Campen 3 apr 2008 18:18 (CEST)
Temporary compute server can be tested a few weeks
A test machine is available to see if 4-core Intel processors can be used for new machines in the cn-cluster. The machine will stay for a few weeks. All Science-logins should be able to login with ssh.
Name: t4150.science.ru.nl Type: Sun Fire X4150 Processors: 2 Intel E5345 CPU's met ieder 4 cores van 2.33GHz. Memory: 8GB OS: Fedora 7
Peter van Campen 2 apr 2008 18:18 (CEST)
SURFnet stops Usenet News service?
In the RIO-meeting of March 27, the UCI announced that SURFnet in the future would stop the Surfnet Usenet News service unless universities paid ca 12 k€/year for it. If somebody thinks this service is important for their work and that one cannot simply use an alternative like Google groups, one should contact C&CZ.
Peter van Campen 28 mrt 2008 15:02 (CET)
SURFnet/Internet connection down Monday March 10 18:00-22:00 hours
The UCI will upgrade the connection between the RU and SURFnet next Monday evening from 1 Gb/s to 10 Gb/s. The connection between RU and SURFnet will be interrupted during the maintenance. C&CZ will plan the upgrade of the FNWI router to 10 Gb/s afterwards.
Peter van Campen 5 mrt 2008 17:48 (CET)
Acrobat Reader 8 problem update
Because Acrobat Reader 8 for MS-Windows produces PostScript that the HP LaserJet4250/4350 printers can't handle, C&CZ switched to using the (slower) PCL-drivers. Also FoxIt_PDF_Reader has been copied to the S disk as an alternative for Acrobat Reader.
Peter van Campen 5 mrt 2008 17:03 (CET)
Samba update with problems?
C&CZ will upgrade Samba on several servers in the weeks to follow. These upgrades could cause problems when connecting network drives on Windows PC's. At Upgrade Samba 3.0.28 you can read how to solve these problems.
Wim Janssen 3 mrt 2008 14:47 (CET)
PC's in computerlabs show lock times
PC's in computers labs now show the duration of the screenlock. Using this information you can determine whether you want to reboot the PC. This program has been built by one of our students: J. Groenewegen.
Wim Janssen 3 mrt 2008 14:01 (CET)
Oce copiers replaced by Ricoh copiers/printers/scanners
The Oce copiers are being replaced by Ricoh machines that can print and scan too. There is a Ricoh-overview page, but of course they are also mentioned on the pages dealing with copiers, the network printers and the scanners.
Peter van Campen 1 mrt 2008 00:03 (CET)
Print budgets can be viewed/maintained through DIY
Peter van Campen 1 mrt 2008 00:46 (CET)
EuroGlot Professional 6.0 Native
Wim Janssen 26 feb 2008 13:09 (CET)
New license period for Mathematica coming up
Ben Polman 20 feb 2008 11:53 (CET)
McAfee software update
Peter van Campen 15 feb 2008 13:37 (CET)
Mediawiki upgrade to version 1.11 completed
The mediawiki code on which all wikis of the Science Faculty are based has been replaced by the latest stable version
Ben Polman 14 feb 2008 22:59 (CET)
BASS-Finlog access for Linux/Unix/Mac users
For Linux/Unix/Mac users it's now possible to access BASS-Finlog, see BASS.
Remco Aalbers 12 feb 2008 16:15 (CET)
TU Delft victim of phishing scam
The CERT-RU, that coordinates security incidents within the RU, reported that employees and students of the TU Delft had received emails, that at first sight looked as if they were sent by TU Delft, in which was asked for a reply with loginname and password. The reply of a naive user went to a "@hotmail.co.uk" mail-address. C&CZ likes to stress that *no official institution* will ever ask you for your password or pincode for your bank account. For the original message of the CERT of TU Delft, see TU Delft Security Alert.
Peter van Campen 29 jan 2008 12:24 (CET)
Surfgroepen to cooperate with others
To cooperate (share files etc.) with other employees and students of other universities Surfgroepen can be used for free, even external persons can join.
Peter van Campen 28 jan 2008 18:14 (CET)
Adobe software will not become campus license!
Today SURFdiensten reported that not enough universities were willing to participate in the proposed multi-year license agreement for Adobe products. Therefore if one wants to buy Adobe products in the near future, one has to resort to individual licences.
Peter van Campen 28 jan 2008 14:21 (CET)
McAfee software update
Peter van Campen 25 jan 2008 15:16 (CET)
New Maple license file, valid until January 2009
The license file for Maple was almost expired, therefore a new version has been installed on the license server. Employees and students with a home-use license can get a new version, valid until January 2009, through C&CZ.
Peter van Campen 23 jan 2008 10:59 (CET)
Wireless network settings for mobile devices
For smartphones or PDA's with Windows Mobile we now have an installation manual to get connected to the wireless network. In order to connect the iPhone or iPod Touch to the RU campus wireless network, Apple would have to come with a newer software update than version 1.1.3 of January 2008, containing support for WPA-Enterprise 802.1x.
Peter van Campen 17 jan 2008 15:22 (CET)
X-Win32 9.0 installed on managed Windows computers
The latest version of X-Win32 is installed on all C&CZ-managed Windows PCs.
Ben Polman 10 jan 2008 10:23 (CET)
OpenOffice 2.3.1 for Solaris installed
The newest version of the office software OpenOffice (2.3.1) has been installed for Solaris. Type ooffice to use it.
Peter van Campen 18 dec 2007 15:59 (CET)
Notepad++ installed on all managed Windows computers
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement, which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment. For detailed information see Notepad++
Ben Polman 30 nov 2007 14:37 (CET)
Wireless network Huygens building full coverage
In the Huygens building a wireless network with full coverage was realized shortly after the building was finished. Measurements over a long period have determined that about 25 of the 90 access points can be removed, so they can be used in different locations within the RU. Full coverage is still guaranteed.
Marcel Kuppens 30 nov 2007 13:00 (CET)
PhpMyadmin, new version because of security fixes
PhpMyadmin is a webapplication to maintain mysql databases, all mysql databases hosted by C&CZ can be maintained through http://phpmyadmin.science.ru.nl . The new version (11.2.2) fixes a security leak .
Ben Polman 29 nov 2007 10:28 (CET)
Acrobat Reader, new version with problems
- Printing from Adobe Reader to a HP4250/HP4350 printer doesn't work. According to Adobe this is a fault of the software in these HP printers. As an alternative one can use the dali printer in HG00.201 or one of the colour printers (HP or Tektronix). The Ricoh multifunctional copier/printer/scanners that will be placed soon in several locations to replace the Oce copiers do not have this problem.
- PCs with a license for Adobe Professional do not (yet?) have a license to upgrade, but having Adobe Professional version 7 and Reader version 8 at the same time doesn't work.
Peter van Campen 20 nov 2007 14:14 (CET)
First student and employee edit C&CZ wiki!
The explanation how to install the wireless network for Linux has been edited by student Leon Swinkels with details for Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and by employeee Gerrit Groenenboom for Suse 10.1.
Peter van Campen 20 nov 2007 12:55 (CET)
StarOffice 8 for Solaris installed
The newest version of the office software StarOffice (8) has been installed for Solaris. Type soffice to use it.
Peter van Campen 9 nov 2007 18:10 (CET)
Sun Studio 12 compilers for Linux/Solaris
The newest version of the Sun Studio compilers and tools (C, C++, Fortran) has been installed. They can be found in /opt/sun/sunstudio12/ (Linux) or /vol/sunstudio12/SUNWspro (Solaris).
Peter van Campen 9 nov 2007 17:57 (CET)
SGE Clustersoftware installed on the cnXX-cluster
Peter van Campen 9 nov 2007 17:52 (CET)
Matlab nieuwe versie (R2007a)
Met ingang van mei 2007 is er een nieuwe versie (7.4, R2007a) van Matlab beschikbaar op alle door C&CZ beheerde PCs met Linux of Windows-XP en Suns met Solaris.
De oude versie (R2006b) wordt over enkele weken verwijderd, wanneer duidelijk is dat de overgang naar R2007a geen grote problemen veroorzaakt. Om de oude versie tot die tijd nog te kunnen gebruiken moet het zoekpad uitgebreid worden met /vol/matlab-R2006b/bin (onder Unix).
Voor meer info over deze release, zie [de Mathworks website]
Bij vragen/problemen: , tel 53535/52744/56666, HG03.055.
Ben Polman 3 mei 2007 15:45 (CET)
Nieuwe disk-server plus.science.ru.nl met 90GB partities
Er is weer een nieuwe disk-server plus.science.ru.nl met door FNWI-afdelingen te huren 90GB partities van een RAID-array.
Ben Polman 3 nov 2006 15:11 (CET)
Nieuwe versie Matlab (R2006b)
Met ingang van oktober 2006 is er een nieuwe versie (7.3, R2006b) van Matlab beschikbaar op alle door C&CZ beheerde Suns en PCs met Linux of Windows-XP.
De oude versie (R2006a) wordt over enkele weken verwijderd, wanneer duidelijk is dat de overgang naar R2006b geen grote problemen veroorzaakt. Om de oude versie tot die tijd nog te kunnen gebruiken moet het zoekpad uitgebreid worden met /vol/matlab-R2006a/bin (onder Unix).
Voor meer info over deze release, zie http://www.mathworks.com/products/new_products/latest_features.html?ref=fp2006b
Bij vragen/problemen: , tel 53535/52744/56666, HG03.055.
Ben Polman 9 okt 2006 14:54 (CET)
Eclipse beschikbaar op beheerde XP werkplekken
Op alle beheerde windows XP werkplekken is op de T-disk (\\manus\xpcursus) www.eclipse.org Eclipse geïnstalleerd.
Ben Polman 13 sep 2006 10:29 (CET)
EndNote 10 beschikbaar
De nieuwste versie van EndNote (versie 10) is op de Install-schijf gezet, en is ook uitleenbaar (kamer HG03.055).
Ben Polman 13 sep 2006 10:22 (CET)
- New software update: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 on the install-disk and can be borrowed (08/05/2007).
- New software update: Matlab R2007a installed and can be borrowed (03/05/2007).
- New disk-server "plus" with 90GB partitions of a RAID-array that can be rented by FNWI-departments.
- New software update: Matlab R2006b installed and can be borrowed (09/10/2006).
- Domain Rename - belangrijke informatie voor studenten en medewerkers die gebruik maken van een:
- Beheerde Werkplek - een van de varianten (ook terminalkamer Windows machines)
- Windows Member/Stand-Alone Server die door C&CZ wordt beheerd (zoals: TS1, contente, curio)
Donderdag 5 oktober (week 40) om 16:30 zal het active directory domein van alle door C&CZ beheerde Windows XP Beheerde Werkplekken en Windows servers worden hernoemd van nwi.kun.nl naar nwi.ru.nl. Belangrijk is om op de betreffende donderdag voor 16:30 uit te loggen, maar de beheerde Windows XP PC *niet* uit te zetten. Tussen 17:30 en 00:00 zullen alle Beheerde Werkplekken die aan staan 2 maal gereboot worden. Lees a.u.b. de [|domain rename instructies] door. Dit bespaart veel onnodig overlast en werk.
- New software update: McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006 on the install-disk and can be borrowed (12/09/2006).
- Ter informatie / Maandagavond 7 augustus netwerkonderhoud met eventuele onderbrekingen tussen 18:00-20:00 uur, in de UCI administratie bekend als SKU-RFC-15085. (02/08/2006).
- New PC default supplier: Scholten Awater & Partners. Gewijzigde procedures (01/05/2006).
- New software update: Mozilla FireFox en ThunderBird version 184.108.40.206 installed (20/02/2006).
- New software update: TeX Live 2005 installed and can be borrowed (10/02/2006).
- Disk space can be rented by departments. (25/01/2006).
- New scanner in the Huygens-building with a document feeder. (03/01/2006).
- New software update: Matlab R14 SP3 installed and can be borrowed (30/09/2005).
- New software update: McAfee VirusScan 9.0 on the install-disk and can be borrowed (18/07/2005).
- New software update: Microsoft Office 2003 on the install-disk and can be borrowed (18/07/2005).
- Secure wireless network in Huygens building, with detailed setting for Windows XP SP2 (15/07/2005).
- New software update: Matlab R14 SP2 installed and can be borrowed (22/04/2005).
- New software update: Windows XP SP2 can be borrowed (09/03/2005).
- New software update: TeX Live 2004 installed and can be borrowed (08/02/2005).
- New software update: Endnote 8 can be borrowed (04/02/2005).
- New software update: McAfee VirusScan Home Edition 2004/8.0 NL can be borrowed (23/09/2004).
- New login servers: solo, solost, lilo (29/07/2004).
- New software update: Sun Studio 8 (compilers) (04/05/2004).
- New version 7 of StarOffice available on the Sun computers.
- New version 1.141 of the Email Sanitizer, also looks in ZIP-file attachments.
- New software update: EndNote 7 can be borrowed. (20/02/2004)
- New version (2.63) of SpamAssassin. (10/02/2004)
- New version (2.61) of SpamAssassin. (10/12/2003)
- Solaris9 for Intel (x86) can be borrowed. (03/11/2003)
- MS-Windows software update McAfee VirusScan 7.02 NL can be borrowed. (13/10/2003)
- New software update: Mathematica 5. (09/10/2003)
- New version (2.60) of SpamAssassin. (09/10/2003)
- Software update: Maple 9 can be borrowed. (15/09/2003)
- MS-Windows software update: Reference Manager 10 can be borrowed. (15/09/2003)
- The default setting of the spamfilter has been changed from 'light' to 'medium'. (15/05/2003)
- New version of SpamAssassin, removes a set of rules that were actively targeted by spammers.
- SpamAssassin can be used tofilter mail for spam-content. (25/03/2003)
- Software update: Maple 8 CD's can be bought. (07/01/2003)