Windows software for employees and students of the Faculty of Science
Software available on C&CZ managed Windows-computers
It is not possible to exactly state what software is installed on a C&CZ managed Windows-computer. This greatly depends on the purpose of the PC or the department that owns the PC. Licensed software for which no campus license exists, is often distributed to only a small number of PCs. Below the software packages that are available.
Standard software installed during the installation of Windows7
- Adobe CS 6 - Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.
- F-Secure - Antivirus
- Firefox 17 ESR - Web browser
- GIMP - Image Manipulation
- Inkscape - Vector graphics
- Java 7
- K-Lite Codec Pack
- MS-Office Professional 2010 / Project Pro 2010 / Visio Pro 2010
- Prism Client - Software installation client
- Thunderbird 17 ESR - Mail client
Standard Software for Windows 7
- 7-Zip - Open source Windows utility for manipulating archives.
- Audacity 2.0.3 - fast, cross-platform audio editor
- BASS - financieel en personeel concernapplicatie
- Cluster 3.0 + TreeView 1.1.6r4 - GUI for the most commonly used clustering methods for gene expression data analysis.
- CnCZ shortcut - Report PC issue C&CZ
- Coach 6 - Softwarepakket voor natuurwetenschappelijke vakken, wiskunde en besturingstechniek
- Corsa - Documentbeheer concernapplicatie
- Cygwin - collection of tools which provide a Linux look and feel environment for Windows
- DOSBox 0.74 - An open source DOS emulator for BeOS, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, and Windows
- Eclipse - Software development environment
- EndNote X5 - Software for publishing and managing bibliographies
- F-Secure - Antivirus Software
- Firefox 17 ESR - Web browser
- Google Chrome - Web browser
- Irfanview - Graphic Viewer
- Java 7
- K-Lite Media Codecs
- LibreOffice 4.1 - Office suite
- Logon Wallpaper
- Mendeley Desktop 1.7.1 - Reference Manager. Generate citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, and LaTeX.
- Maple 15 - Computer algebra system
- Mathematica (for departments that participate in the license)
- Mathematica player (for departments that participate in the license)
- Matlab 2012 - Numerical computing environment
- MestreNova Lite - Analytical chemistry software suite for NMR & LC GC MS
- MS Office 2010 - Microsoft Office productivity suite for Microsoft Windows
- NetBeans - Software development environment
- net-SNMP - for monitoring the health and welfare of network equipment
- Notepad++ - a free source code editor which supports several programming languages
- OCS - Inventory agent
- Planning Kit - Planning Kit for Flood Management, by RWS, Deltaris
- Putty - SSH-client
- R - Statistical computing and graphics
- Rstudio - integrated development environment for R
- SPSS 20 - Statistisch computerprogramma
- Thunderbird 17 ESR - Email en news-client
- VLC - Media player
- WinSCP - Secure copy
- Workstation Unlocker
- Workrave - assists in the recovery and prevention of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- X2Go client - a serverbased computing environment
- Xming - X Server
- Yasara - Molecular-graphics, -modeling and -simulation program
Still to be done for Windows7:
- Foxit Pdf Reader
- gs / GhostScript
- Originlab (for departments that participate in the license)
- Python - Programmeertaal
- TortoiseSVN - Subversion versiecontrole client
- Van Dale
Standard software available from network drives
- Eudora (mail program)
- PuTTY (Secure SHell (SSH))
- RU-Huisstijl (RU letters)
- Van Dale (dictionaries)
- concern (map with several concern applications)
- Maple (Computeralgebra)
- R (statistics)
- TeXlive (wordprocessing)
- Gimp (picture editing)
- Gorilla (password management)
- IrfanView (picture viewer)
- FileZilla (ftp client)
- Dev-Cpp (C++ compiler)
- SciLab (open source matlab alternative)
On the Windows PC's in the computer labs a T-disk with course software is attached from the network
Available departmental or licensed software
- Filemaker Pro 7
Direct from network drive
When you are using a 'C&CZ Managed PC' with Windows, like the PC's in the computer labs, then a lot of software is already installed. If something seems to be missing, please notify C&CZ. On other Windows PC's some of the software packages installed on the S-disc can be used instantly.
- Maple (Computer algebra package)
- Matlab (`Matrix laboratory' for interactive scientific calculations).
- R, statistical computing.
- FoxIt PDF Reader (Software alternative for viewing and printing PDF files)
To install yourself
See the Software page.
To be borrowed from C&CZ
Employees and students can borrow, depending on license agreements, the software mentioned below at C&CZ, room HG03.055. Often older versions are still available.
- Microsoft Windows Upgrade !!! For use on PC's owned by the Faculty of Science !!! Not for privately owned computers !!! Also older versions available. Een Nederlandstalige Learning Guide met hulp voor het gebruik van Windows is vanaf de campus te raadplegen.
- MS Windows 7 NL/UK 32/64
- Microsoft Office !!! For use on PC's owned by the Faculty of Science !!! Not for privately owned computers !!! Also older versions available. Een Nederlandstalige Learning Guide met hulp voor alle onderdelen van Office2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) is vanaf de campus te raadplegen.
- MS Office Professional Plus 2010 voor Windows XP/Vista/7 NL/UK 32/64. There are also NL Language Packs for the UK versions.