Difference between revisions of "Login"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:10, 12 October 2007
Every employee and every student of the Faculty of Science is entitled to get a (free) personal science login. With this login all services offered by computers that are managed by C&CZ can be used. The loginname is based on one's own name, e.g. johndoe. Note that the loginname (often 6 to 8 non-capital letters, without . (dot) and @...) are not the same as the email address.
With the FNWI science login one can use:
- hardware that was paid for by the Faculty, such as terminal rooms with PC's, Solaris/Linux login servers and the C&CZ managed accounted laser printers.
- @student.science.ru.nl email. The corresponding email address is . Extra email addresses of the form can be made on request. Faculty institutions will use this email address of the student. If you do not want to read the mail on the Faculty mailserver, forward this mail to a different mail-account through the Do-It-Yourself website.
- The wireless Science netwerk all over the Science Faculty.
- The Do-It-Yourself website to change your password and other setting.
- The VPN service of the Science faculty.
So-called functional logins, which are not coupled to one natural person, are nor normally used. C&CZ tries to make sure that all services can be used without the need for more than 1 login.
Student logins are created automatically for all enlisted students. Students get these accounts through the faculty student administration, room HG00.133/HG00.134, 52247/53392. Before receiveing the login/password one has to sign (Dutch MS-Word document) that one agrees with the formal rules (Dutch MS-Word document) and the rules for conduct (Dutch MS-Word document). In the event that the faculty student administration does not have the latest information, a temporary login can be created through the contact person for the specific study:
- Computer Science
- Physics and Astrophysics
- Molecular Life Sciences and Chemistry
- Bio-sciences: Biology
- Bio-sciences: Environmental Science
- General Science
- Molecular Life Sciences
The contact persons will let the student sign a contract and let C&CZ know which login should be made. They are also the persons to contact for enlarging disk quota.