Inbinden, snijden, nieten, perforeren
cutting, stapling, punching
In the FNWI library one may buy melt binders with various thicknesses in order to bind reports in the laminating apparatus.
The thermal binder is located in the store room, AS017. The maximum number of pages is 155, size A4 as used in the laserprinters. Covers in various sizes are available in the stockroom.
The procedure is as follows:
- Measure with the shifter on the binder the thickness of the cover that you will need (in mmm) or count the number of sheets, and buy a cover in the store room.
- Swith the binder on.
- Wait untill the READY light switches on.
- Bend the back of the cover such that it has two sharp folds.
- Press the pile of the sheets to bind such that it is as thin as possible.
- Put the sheets carefully in the cover and make sure that all sheets are in touch with the back of the cover.
- Put cover and sheets in the binder and press the button BIND I. The STANDBY light switches on.
- During heating, shift the cover a couple of times from left to right in order to let the glue flow better.
- Take the report from the binder when the signal sounds and the READY light is on.
- Be carefull: the back of the cover is very hot! In order to let the glue penetrate between all sheets, it is recommended to rub the back and the sides of the report a couple of times (with a cloth or folded piece of paper).
- Switch off the binder.
- Let the report cool down for at least 5 minutes in order to harden the glue. Otherwise, the back of the report may break.