From Cncz
Jump to navigation Jump to search


C&CZ section Telephony management is your first contact for all kind of telephony (speech communication) matters, like group arrangements, voicemail, repairing the PABX (telephony switch), the phone lines and the digital or analog phones that are supplied by telephony management, subscriptions, moving of connections and new connections. C&CZ Telephony management does no longer deal with mobile telephony, DECT phones and faxes.


Call 52666 (or call C&CZ operations, 20000) or send an e-mail to Choose the subject 'Problem', so that we know which mails to address first.

New Telephony

IP Telephony (IPT)

The current telephone exchange of the SKU has to be replaced. A new telephone exchange based on IP Telephony has already been installed. This is a technique where the telephones are connected to the telephone exchange via the data network. Therefore all fixed phones on campus will be replaced by an IPT device.

Vodafone Wireless Office (VWO)

The SKU has entered into a contract with Vodafone for use of the Vodafone Wireless Office mobile telephony.


VWO and IPT are alternative telephony solutions for employees. Departments choose per employee/device/location for IPT and/or VWO. This is a suitable moment for departments to review their telephony needs and to reorganize if necessary. On the RU telephony website extensive information about IPT and VWO is available: costs, functionality, manuals, etc. Through the FNWI telephony contact persons of the various departments, C&CZ will assist the departments with their choice. The migration to IPT and the possible settings are guided by C&CZ. Applications for VWO are handled by the ISC who will also provide support.

Roll Out

IPT is rolled out sparingly until now. The VWO service is available. Departments can contact the ISC for subscriptions, devices, and support.

Current situation


C&CZ Telephony management is responsible for the phone bills and gives Science departments detailed insight in their phone costs through a website. The same website can be used by the departments to directly change their entries in the Science phone directory. This can only be done by phone contact persons, usually the secretary. These changes are transferred to RBS within one week, provided certain conditions are met (initials, personnel number, etc.). The phone and mail guides of the Science Faculty, Radboud University and RadboudUMC are available online.


New connections , moves, removals and changing settings can be requested by the telephony contact person of your department . They will send an e-mail to telephony management stating:

  • the phone number to move,
  • a financial cost center number,
  • an OUTLET NUMBER of the new location,
  • in the case of a new connection: whether you want an analog or digital telephone.

This method was chosen to let the department guard costs (see "Subscription and call costs" and "Manuals telephone equipment and procedures" below .) FNWI does not have a telephony technician, we hire one. Therefore, this type of adjustments can take up to 10 days time (agreement between ISC and VC Networks, the provider of the service). So please make your requests on time.

It is absolutely impossible to move a phone yourself! This certainly will not work and you can cause damage to the equipment.

More information

  • Detailed procedures and manuals are available with information on conference calls, voicemail, phone directory administration (telmut) and phone manuals.
  • FNWI Telephony contact persons can adjust the guide data at the telmut website, a manual (PDF) is available.
  • Detailed information on calling on campus can also be found at the RU telephony webpage. Who do I talk to when I call the operator? What are those green phones? What can I do with my phone? You can find many answers here!
  • See also: 'Network'

Pages in category "Telefonie"

The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.