Computer & Communication Department (C&CZ)
Help and information
- Entry point for questions, problems and repairs.
IT introduction for new students
This is the presentation for new students as given in the introduction week:
Science loginname and student number
- Twee logins: Information for new students and employees
- The Do It Yourself site to view and change settings of your Science login: password, mail (forward, vacation message, mail address lists), printbudget, groups, ...
- All @student.ru.nl mailboxes have been moved tot the new RU mail environment Share. For new students of the Faculty of Science, mail sent to @student.science.ru.nl Science E-mail is automatically forwarded, because we do not want to bother new students with a faculty mailbox next to the university mailbox. Because the @student.ru.nl address of a lot of students was unknown, mail was originally forwarded to the mail address that was registered in Studielink. As of the end of September, mail is forwarded to the @student.ru.nl address. If one wants to receive this mail at a different address, one should visit the Do It Yourself website.
PC's and network (including wireless and VPN)
- PC rooms and study area with dual-boot Windows / Linux (Ubuntu) PC's.
- Your own laptop/tablet/..., connected to the Internet through the wireless network or with a UTP cable in a network outlet.
- If on campus a PC lists B-FAC as a possible login domain, then one can login with the Science account. Examples are the PC's for all RU-students.
- Also a PC at home or somewhere else on the Internet can be used. To get access to services to which only PC's of the Science faculty can connect, it might be necessary to use the FNWI VPN-server.
Software, for home use too
The software page contains all info known to us about available software. For all kind of software, Radboud University of the Faculty of Science holds a license contract that makes use of this software free or cheap for employees and/or students, on campus and/or home PC's. Rights of use differ for different software. Most popular is the F-Secure security suite, that can be used freely by employees and students, for home use too. Second place is for Microsoft Windows upgrade and Office, that may be installed/used freely on RU-owned PC's and can be bought cheaply for home use.
Print, copy scan
The Science print/copy/scan facilities can be used by anyone, for printing one needs a Science login. Scanning is free, the costs of printing are deducted from a printbudget, those of copies from a copy card with a magnetic strip. All information about printing, copying and scanning can be found on the links below:
The current Peage project aims to make printing, copying and scanning uniform on the RU campus, starting with students.
Network discs and backups
C&CZ provides network discs and regularly makes backups of the data. There is a restore procedure to get lost files back. If you save files in other locations, like the hard disc of your own PC, then you are responsible yourself for the backup of these data.
- On the H:-disk that is attached automatically on the Windows PC's in computer labs, one can store 1 GB of data. A campus agreement is that this disk is also available as U:. Other PCs can attach this disk as \\homeserver\loginname. This is the same folder as the Unix home-directory. Use the site DHZ to lookup your homeserver.
- Apart from the H:-disk maintained pc's also use a roaming profile for which a separate quotum holds of 50Mb.
Telephony and phone/mail/address-directories
Phone contact persons, usually the secretary, of Science departments can change entries in the Science phone guide for their department themselves. One can view online the phone and mail guides of the Science faculty, Radboud University and the UMCN St. Radboud.
There is more info on telephony.
Pages in category "Studenten"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.