- Problems: Call 53535 or send an e-mail to Postmaster.
- In case of problems with a Linux or Windows managed PC, C&CZ can login to the PC or connect remotely to the Desktop). It is also possible to demonstrate the problem on the Windows and Linux Front Desk PC's in HG03.055. When you have a laptop/PDA, you can of course also stop by HG03.055
- Look in windows or unix to see which software is available on the computers managed by C&CZ.
- C&CZ lends (to students and staff of the FNWI) CD-ROMs of windows, unix or macintosh software with a RU or FNWI license agreement.
All kinds of licensed software (which can also be used at home) can be bought at Surfspot when one logs in with employee/student number and RU-wachtwoord. C&CZ has copies of the most popular software, these can be lent (room HG03.055).
The UCI coordinates most RU-wide software licenses, mainly through SURFdiensten and SLIM.
Most campuslicense software that can be freely used by students and staff of the Science faculty, can be found in the install directory of C&CZ servers. One must install the package ChemBioOffice directly from the site of the supplier.
It is often possible to install the software directly from the network. On a Windows PC you need to attach the network drive \\install-srv.science.ru.nl\install and visit the folder science.
To attach a network drive:
- Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer.
- Click on Tools -> Map Network Drive....
- Choose one of the Drive letters not already used in Drive: field.
- At the Path: field type \\install-srv.science.ru.nl\install and vlick on Ok.
- Browse on this network drive to the science directory and then to a software package of your choise.
- Install your software (mostly via running Setup.exe).
Under Unix the software can be found in /vol/install/science.
Pages in category "Software"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.