- In case of network problems, call 53737 or send mail to Postmaster.
- The computer network at the Faculty of Science is mainly based on Ethernet, it is managed by C&CZ network management.
- If some machine needs a static IP address, send an email with the ethernet-address (MAC address), proposal for the machine name, roomnumber (to determine the subnet) and a contact person or owner of the machine to Postmaster.
- At some hotspots in the old building and everywhere in the Huygens building one can use the wireless network.
- The network uses Internet-protocols (TCP/IP). There's some information about configuring TCP/IP on an MS-Windows PC.
- Network statistics are maintained automatically for routers and switches in the network. Other network statistics are also available, e.g. the traffic from and to the Faculty of Science through the (redundant) router-ports dr-huyg-a1/1/1 and dr-huyg-a1/2/1 and the traffic, measured by Surfnet, between Radboud Universiteit en SURFnet.
- The UCI is responsible for the connection, through SURFnet, with the rest of the Internet.
- Here is an animated moviewhich gives you an impression how internet traffic is being handled and the kind of devices network packets have to travel through. The size of the animation is about 150 Mb.