C&CZ is the department of the Faculty of Science that employees and students should contact when they are dealing with IT, specially when this information technology is used for education and/or research.
Help and information
- Entry point for questions, problems and repairs.
Science loginname and U-number
- Two logins: Information for new students and employees.
- The Do It Yourself site to view and change settings of your Science login: password, mail (forward, vacation message, mail address lists), printbudget, groups, ...
- Science E-mail service: webmailers, settings, mailing lists, spamfiltering, virusfiltering. This mail can be read with webmail , but also with email-clients like Mozilla Thunderbird en Outlook.
- Everone also gets a mail/calendar account on the RU Exchange server. The corresponding mail address looks like or
Telephony and phone/mail/address-directories
Phone contact persons, usually the secretary, of Science departments can change entries in the Science phone guide for their department themselves. One can view online the phone and mail guides of the Science faculty, Radboud University and the UMCN St. Radboud.
There is more info on telephony.
PC's and network (including wireless and VPN)
Science departments themselves decide how many and what kind of PC's they need, this often includes C&CZ Managed Windows or Linux PC's.
- PC rooms and study landscape with dual-boot Windows/Linux PC's.
- Own laptop, connected to the Internet through the wireless network or with a UTP cable in a network outlet.
- If on campus a PC lists the B-Fac domain, then one can login with the Science account. Examples are the PC's for all RU-students.
- Also a PC at home or somewhere else on the Internet can be used. To get access to services to which only PC's of the Science faculty can connect, it might be necessary to use the Science VPN-server.
Software, for home use too
The software page contains all info known to us about available software. For all kind of software, Radboud University of the Faculty of Science holds a license contract that makes use of this software free or cheap for employees and/or students, on campus and/or home PC's. Rights of use differ for different software. Most popular is the F-Secure security suite, that can be used freely by employees and students, for home use too. Second place is for Microsoft Windows upgrade and Office, that may be installed/used freely on RU-owned PC's and can be bought cheaply for home use.
C&CZ provides network discs and regularly makes backups of the data. There is a restore procedure to get lost files back. If you save files in other locations, like the hard disc of your own PC, then you are responsible yourself for the backup of these data.
Print, copy scan
The Science print/copy/scan facilities can be used by anyone, for printing one needs a Science login. Scanning is free, the costs of printing are deducted from a printbudget, those of copies (shielded with a pin code) are paid by the faculty. All information about printing, copying and scanning can be found on the links below:
The current Peage project aims to make printing, copying and scanning uniform on the RU campus, starting with students.
We have information about the letter layout for the corporate identity.
Pages in category "Medewerkers"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.