Request for login
Please send your request to . For logins for new employees or students, only the department contact may request new logins.
The following data are necessary to create a new login:
- a suggestion for the new login name e.g. jcove or katew or <surname> or <firstname>
- a suggestion for the new mail address (typically firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The full name of the new colleague or student
- The U- or S-number if known/applicable, needed for printing
- Your login name, the contactperson for this account, determines if the account is still needed.
- Optionally, a private mail addres to which we can send an initial password. This mail also contains instructions how to set a new password, but it does not contain the loginname.
Optionally you can specify:
- The check date (yyyy-mm-dd). After this date, C&CZ will send you an email asking you whether the login should be removed or kept for a certain period. (One year by default)
- the printbudget groups the new login must be a member of. Used for poster-printing or 3d prints.
- the Unix group(s) (rights) the new login must be a member of.
Initially the new login will have the same password as the requester. This way the requester can login into DHZ (Do It Yourself) for the new colleague or student after which he or she can choose their own password. Usually department contact persons are also the owner of the printbudget and Unix group(s) of the department so they can manage these groups via DHZ.
The password for a (new) U-account can be reset by C&CZ (you need to bring your personel pass or valid ID for identification). To reset the password of their S-accounts students should turn to the Dienst Studentenzaken.
The telephone contact person of a department will register the name, mail address, room, and phone number into RBS and the FNWI online phone directory via https://telmut.science.ru.nl/
Access rights for Oracle and other concern application must be requested from the RU application owner by the department itself.
If a mailbox on the Exchange server (typically email@example.com) is desired this must be specified in the request as well. C&CZ will coordinate this request towards the ISC.